This is one of the best routes with the most gradual ascent to Point Lenana, combining two of the most scenic routes up Mount Kenya, Sirimon and Chogoria hence producing a remarkably diverse and spectacular trek. Sirimon is the most popular ascent with fantastic glacial scenery and a nice steady rate of ascent. Chogoria is the favoured descent for those who can afford the extra time on the mountain, with dramatic gorges, waterfalls and mountain tarns.
Day 1:- Nairobi/Mt. Kenya
Depart Nairobi in the morning and depart towards Mt Kenya to arrive in time for lunch. This day is an acclimatization day. After setting up camp you spend the afternoon at leisure; optional activities include walk to Maumau Caves with a guide, horse riding and boating offered at the Bantu lodge. Dinner and overnight at the campsite/lodge.
Day 2:- Mountain Rock/Old Moses
A short drive in the morning will take us to the Sirimon Park gate (2600m) to begin our acclimatization walk in the tropical woodlands (4- 5 hours) to Old Moses camp (3300m) which will be our base for the night.
Day 3:- Old Moses/Shipton’s Camp
Break camp and after breakfast begin the trek through the moorkands via Likki and Mackinders Valley, enjoying the spectacular views amongst the mountain vegetation consisting of giant lobelia and groundsel, with a brief stopover for lunch. You arrive at Shipton’s Camp (4,200m) where we set up for dinner and overnight- 7/8 hrs. Resident population is of Rock hyrax and sun birds.
Day 4: Shipton Camp -Acclimatisation Day
For better acclimatization you can take a rest day at the Shipton camp. Short walks / day hikes to the Hausberg Col (4650m) before descending back to the camp. Meals and overnight at the camp.
Day 5: Shipton – Point Lenana(4,985m)/Mt Kenya Bandas (2,900m
Wake at 2.30 am, and after a cup of tea, start the summit ascend arriving on top of point Lenana (4985m) in time for the African sunrise. On a very clear day, one is able to see Mt. Kilimanjaro. After the photos, descend to Minto’s hut for breakfast and a short rest and then descend further to Meru Mt. Kenya bandas for dinner and overnight.
Day 6:- Chogoria gate to Chogoria town/Nairobi
After breakfast, you descend through the bamboo forest to where you meet the transfer vehicle for transfer to Nairobi via Chogoria town to arrive late afternoon.
- Return transfers from/to Nairobi
- Qualified Guides, porters and cook.
- Park fees, rescue fees, hut / camping fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- All meals on the mountain
- Guides, porter’s salaries
- Climbing permit
- Flying Doctor' insurance for emergency evacuation
- Accommodation before and after the safari
- All items of a personal nature
- Tips to porters and guides
- Mountain Gears (e.g. sleeping bags, clothes, trekking boots, walking sticks etc…)
- Airport departure tax
- Airport/border transfers
- Travel insurance
- Visa fee
- 3 Days Maasai Mara Lodge Safari.
- 3 Days Amboseli Wildlife Lodge Safari
- 4 Days Nakuru/ Masai Mara Lodge Safari.
- 5 Days Sweetwaters/Nakuru and Masai Mara Safari
- 6 Days Great Rift Valley Lakes & Masai Mara.
- 6 Days Amboseli/Tsavo West/Tsavo East Wildlife Lodge Safari
- 7 Days Samburu/Lake Nakuru/Maasai Mara Wildlife Lodge Safari.
- 4 Days Aberdare Foot Walk
- 5 Days My.Kenya Trek-Sirimon/Naro Moru Route
- 6 Days Mt. Kenya Trek-Sirimon/Chogoria route
- 12 Days Kenya and South Sudan Cultural Safari
- 12 Days Northern Kenya Rendille Camel Safari Walk.
- 8 Days Lake Turkana via Chalbi Desert Safari
- Golf Clubs in Kenya.
- 8 Days Golfing & Game Safari in Kenya.
- 4 Days Cycling & Adventure Safari at Ol Pejeta
- 12 days Kenya Wildlife, fitness and sports safari.
- 7 Days Coffee/Tea/Flower Agrotour
- 9 Days Coffee/Tea Agrotour
Cell: +254 722521501
Tel: +254 20 2716136