You will gradually walk up the Mt. Kenya (Africa’s second highest mountain) to the north of the main peaks via the Sirimon route with an open view of the peak area and descend via the Naro Moru route. This route is ideal for those who want to trek Mt. Kenya in a short time but still enjoy a beautiful route. In this splendid high elevation scenery of mountain forest, moorland and glaciers, you may see colobus monkeys, elephant or buffalo. Accommodation on the mountain is in huts.
Day 1:- Nairobi/Mt. Kenya
Depart Nairobi in the morning and depart towards Mt. Kenya to arrive in time for lunch. This day is an acclimatization day. You can spend the afternoon at leisure or participate in optional activities include walk to Maumau Caves with a guide, horse riding and boating. Dinner and overnight at a lodge.
Day 2:- Mountain Rock/Old Moses
A short drive in the morning will take us to the Sirimon Park gate (2600m) to begin our acclimatization walk in the tropical woodlands (4- 5 hours) to Old Moses camp (3300m) which will be our base for the night.
Day 3:- Old Moses/Shipton’s Camp
Break camp and after breakfast begin the trek through the moorlands via Mackinders Valley, enjoying the spectacular views amongst the mountain vegetation consisting of giant lobelia and groundsel, with a brief stopover for lunch. You arrive at Shipton’s Camp (4,200m) where we set up for dinner and overnight- 7/8 hrs.
Day 4:- Point Lenana then Metrological Station Banda’s
Pre-dawn attempt of the summit starts at 0300hrs and you hike for about 3 hours up steep scree slopes and across rugged rocks up to Pt. Lenana (4985m), the hikers' summit. The views from the summit are stunning and on a very clear day, you should be able to see Kilimanjaro in the south. You then descend down to the Meteorological Station (approx. 7 hrs walk) for dinner and overnight at the Meteorological Station Bandas.
Day 5:- Nairobi
You descend early in the morning to Naromoru Park gate where we take our transfer vehicle back to Nairobi arriving late afternoon.
A guideline of what you need to bring:-
Quilted sleeping bag and liner, Anorak or windbreaker, hiking boots, trainers for the rain forest and moorlands, light raincoat, warm sweaters, hat, gloves, thermal underwear, gaiters, balaclava, tracksuits, down vest, cotton shirts, thin and thick socks, sun block and lip balm, trekking poles, good sunglasses or snow glasses, water bottle, water purification tablets, plastic bags and stuff bags, torch with spare batteries and spare bulbs, small rucksack to carry yourself, rucksack – possibly with lock in which to pack your belongings to be carried by porters. Maximum luggage 15 kgs. Otherwise there will be a surcharge on the excess.
It is essential to use sky light filters at high elevations, less sensitive film with 15DIN for bright areas and 17 or so for use in the dark rain forests.
- 3 Days Maasai Mara Lodge Safari.
- 3 Days Amboseli Wildlife Lodge Safari
- 4 Days Nakuru/ Masai Mara Lodge Safari.
- 5 Days Sweetwaters/Nakuru and Masai Mara Safari
- 6 Days Great Rift Valley Lakes & Masai Mara.
- 6 Days Amboseli/Tsavo West/Tsavo East Wildlife Lodge Safari
- 7 Days Samburu/Lake Nakuru/Maasai Mara Wildlife Lodge Safari.
- 4 Days Aberdare Foot Walk
- 5 Days My.Kenya Trek-Sirimon/Naro Moru Route
- 6 Days Mt. Kenya Trek-Sirimon/Chogoria route
- 12 Days Kenya and South Sudan Cultural Safari
- 12 Days Northern Kenya Rendille Camel Safari Walk.
- 8 Days Lake Turkana via Chalbi Desert Safari
- Golf Clubs in Kenya.
- 8 Days Golfing & Game Safari in Kenya.
- 4 Days Cycling & Adventure Safari at Ol Pejeta
- 12 days Kenya Wildlife, fitness and sports safari.
- 7 Days Coffee/Tea/Flower Agrotour
- 9 Days Coffee/Tea Agrotour
Cell: +254 722521501
Tel: +254 20 2716136