The history of Rwanda dates back centuries, Kigali has been a part of it for 100 years. Founded in 1907 as a German settlement, Kigali did not become the capital until Rwanda’s independence in 1962 when it replaced the colonial seat of power in Butare. Visit the Kandt museum, see old Kigali and the craft centres then visit the genocide memorial site.
Learn about Rwanda’s history from pre-colonial times to the 1994 genocide; learn about other genocides in the world and how this country has dealt with that past. Tour more and see the new developments in Rwanda; the recovery has been incredible, a testament to humankind’s resilience.
Day 1:- Kigali
Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by our representative and be transferred to your hotel for overnight.
Day 2:- Kigali - Volcanoes National Park
Breakfast at the hotel, followed by a City Tour of Kigali.
Lunch in Kigali and later you drive to Ruhengeri, 21/2 hrs arriving in the early evening at the Volcanoes National Park HQs. Dinner and overnight at a Lodge.
In the evenings, Optional Intore, Cultural Dancers troupe will spice your stay with memorable Rwandan dances (at an extra cost).
Day 3:- Kigali / Departure
After an early breakfast, you will be transferred to the Volcanoes National Park HQs for your first day of trekking. Briefing by your trackers then drive to the trail head for the start of your amazing Gorilla Tracking adventure.
Trekking can take from two to six or more hours if the gorillas move before the park rangers locate them the next morning. The guides stop frequently to allow trekkers a chance to rest and take photos along the way.
After the trek, rejoin your driver Guide for a transfer to your lodge/hotel for lunch. Thereafter, you depart from foothills of the volcanoes and drive south past coffee, tea and banana plantations on a scenic drive to Kigali. Everything and everywhere, sheer green and hanging on the hills; Rwanda truly - land of a thousand fertile green hills. (Approximately 21/2 hrs).
Drop off at the airport for your departure flight.
NB:- -Accommodation is available in 3 options:- Luxury, mid -range and budget options -Ruhengeri area is located at 2400 meters above sea level and is chilly early morning and evening. While trekking, it can rain unexpectedly, hence waterproof clothing is a good essential including zip lock bags for cameras and film. You will also need boots that can cope with some mud.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers
- Accommodation in Kigali on Bed and breakfast basis
- Transport in a special safari 4x4 Land cruiser
- Full board accommodation at Lodge / hotel while on safari
- City Tour of Kigali
- Services of an English/French speaking driver-guide
- One gorilla permit (Cost given separate from Per person cost)
- Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
- All taxes on the services quoted above
- Meals and beverages, other than specified
- Optional accommodation at Kigali on the last day
- International, regional and local Airfares.
- Airport taxes.
- Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
- Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
- Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
- Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls ETC
- Personal and baggage insurance.
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above.
- Insurance coverage is available for Baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption at special low cost group rates.
Cell: +254 722521501
Tel: +254 20 2716136