Enjoy a scenic drive to the Ngorongoro Crater famous for its spectacular concentration of game before visiting Lake Manyara National park famous for tree climbing lions, bird life and hippos.
Day 1: Arusha/ Ngorongoro Crater
You depart Arusha in the morning and drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area arriving in early afternoon, lunch then descend into the crater for a full afternoon crater tour. Dinner and overnight at a Lodge.
The Ngorongoro Crater was formed some 2.5 million years ago from a volcanic mountain sinking due to inactivity, and was initially thought to be higher than Tanzania’s famous Kilimanjaro. The crater has evolved into a unique and integral part of Tanzania’s eco-system. The crater is actually a caldera, measures 22.5 km’s across and the rim walls stand 600m high. Views from within and from the rim are breathtaking. The crater houses 30,000 animals among them black rhino, buffalos, hippos, zebra, eland, grant’s & Thomson’s gazelle, waterbucks, lions, hyenas, serval cats, bat-eared fox, elephants. The crater is also home to a large variety of birds, which rarely move from the area due to the availability of water through wet and dry seasons. Among these includes ostrich, white pelican, crowned cranes, saddle-billed stork, greater and lesser flamingos, black-bellied bustard, heron, secretary bird.
Day 2: Ngorongoro/ Lake Manyara
After breakfast, you leave for Lake Manyara to spend the day game viewing in the park, famous for the tree-climbing lions. Lake Manyara is a shallow, alkaline lake beneath the cliffs of the Manyara Escarpment, on the edge of the Rift Valley with breathtaking views. Lake Manyara National Park offers varied diverse vegetation ranging from savannah, to marshes and acacia woodland. It has incredible bird life such as kingfisher, lovebird, flamingos, vulture, starling, pelican, storks, cormorants, crowned plover, guinea fowl, crowned eagle, crowned hornbill. In addition to the lions, the national park is also home to the largest concentration of baboons - a fact that makes for interesting game viewing of large families of the primates, Other animals found here include elephants, monkeys, giraffes, bushbuck, wildebeest, gazelle, dik-dik, bush babies, klipspringer, impala, mongoose, warthog, buffalos, hippos, leopards. Meals and overnight at a lodge.
Day 3: Lake Manyara/ Arusha
Early morning game drive, to further explore the park and breakfast and return to Arusha arriving for lunch.
Tour price includes:
- Ground transport whilst on safari in a comfortable 4x4 safari Land cruiser/Rover
- Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- All game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- Ngorongoro Crater tour
- Complementary 1 litre bottled drinking water while on safari
- Start and end in Arusha
What is not included in the price:
- Hotel accommodation in Arusha before and after the safari
- Personal travel insurance
- International and domestic flights
- Airport transfers in Arusha
- All airport taxes and visas
- All personal expenses; e.g. Tips, laundry, telephones, beverages, portage, etc.
- Any other extras not stated as included above
Tanzania Wildlife Safaris. Itineraries
- 3 Days Ngorongoro/ Lake Manyara Tour
- 4 Days Lake Manyara/ Ngorongoro/ Tarangire Wildlife Tour
- 5 Days Manyara/ Serengeti/ Ngorongoro Tour
- 6 Days Lake Manyara/Serengeti/Ngorongoro/Tarangire Game Safari
Cell: +254 722521501
Tel: +254 20 2716136